CHAMPS Enrollment Enforcement
CHAMPS is Michigan Medicaid’s Provider Enrollment System
- January 1, 2018, all providers furnishing services to Medicaid beneficiaries must enroll in Michigan Medicaid per federal requirements.
– Includes providers participating in a managed care organization’s provider network.
- March 1, 2018, MDHHS will prohibit Managed Care Entities from making payments to all typical* billing, rendering, referring, ordering and attending providers not enrolled in CHAMPS.
- May 1, 2018, MDHHS will prohibit payment for prescription drug claims written by a prescriber who is not enrolled in CHAMPS.
MSA Bulletin 17-48:
Link to CHAMPS Provider Enrollment website:
* Typical providers are professional health care providers that provide health care services to beneficiaries. Typical providers must meet education and state licensure requirements and have assigned National Provider Identifiers (NPIs). Examples of typical provider types include, but are not limited to: physicians, physician assistants, certified nurse practitioners, dentists and chiropractors.