Dear BCN-Affiliated Medical Care Group Business Administrator:
We’d like to invite you, your primary care physicians, clinicians, pharmacists and support staff to an upcoming webinar discussing Blue Care Network’s precision medicine pharmacogenomics (PGx) program called Blue Cross Personalized MedicineSM.
This program uses PGx to personalize medication treatments based on FDA recognized gene-drug interactions. BCN has contracted with OneOme®, an independent precision medicine company co-founded by Mayo Clinic, to provide this program for eligible BCN and BCN AdvantageSM members with a pharmacy benefit.
- When: Thursday, July 27, 2023, 8 a.m. Eastern time
- What: This session will focus on the primary care physician’s vital role in helping achieve better patient outcomes through medication optimization. It will also describe the patient experience from invitation through testing completion and demonstrate how medication treatment options can be tailored to individual needs. In addition, the webinar will include specific case study success stories for multiple disease states and specialties.
- Speakers: Caleb Bupp, M.D., FACMG, Medical Geneticist, Spectrum/Corewell Health
Marguerite “Paula” Pietryga, Genetic Counselor, Spectrum/Corewell Health
Victor Tam, Pharm.D., Senior Medical Science Liaison, OneOme
Christopher Bigness, Pharm.D., BCPS, Clinical Pharmacist, Health Outcomes and Clinical Programs, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network
- Register: Follow these steps to register today:
- Log in to Blue Cross and BCN’s provider training website.* (If you don’t already have a login and password, click New User? Click here to register at the bottom of the screen.)
- On the main page, under Upcoming Events, click the webinar you wish to attend. Click on See All Events to view all the upcoming events.
If you have already registered, thank you!
You can learn more about PGx at:
- Hospital and Physician Update, March-April 2023 issue
- BCN Provider News, May-June 2023 issue
Please forward this opportunity to your primary care physicians, clinicians, pharmacists and support staff and encourage them to attend.
Peter T. Graham, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer
Blue Care Network
Scott Betzelos, M.D.
Vice President of Strategy and Affordability
Blue Care Network