Later this summer, Priorty Health is launching GuidingCare, a new authorization tool that will replace Clear Coverage. The tool will process authorizations for procedures, inpatient, behavioral health, home care, skilled nursing facilities (SNF) and more. This change will not impact the authorization process for eviCore or pharmacy authorizations.
Make sure you’re ready. Providers, including behavioral health, home care, and SNFs, will need a provider account at priorityhealth.com to use the tool. If you don’t already have an account, request access today at https://www.priorityhealth.com/provider/provider-request-an-account. Approval can take up to two business days.
The benefits of Guiding Care are:
- Delivering improved technology, which means no more paper faxes for behavioral health, home care or SNF services
- Offering sorting capabilities to help you see and track authorizations
- Providing the ability to alert you when authorizations need more information
- Increasing the availability of real-time authorizations for some services
- Requiring less reliance on snail mail by offering electronic copies of communications
More information will be shared later this summer, including options for training.