September 2021 IInformation from Meridian Health regarding theeir product lines of business:
The Michigan Market temporarily suspending Authorizations for Discharge to SNF as a response to hospitals being overwhelmed with COVID-19 in Michigan. This solution will be put into place 9/27/2021 until through 10/28/2021, and then will be reevaluated.
1. For CMU for MMP, Ambetter and Medicare
- We approve a 3-day LOS initially and require the ACF to provide notification of the transfer.
- CMU would conduct a medical necessity review on day 3 to allow 48 -hour NONMC delivery.
- We approve a 5-day LOS initially and require the ACF to provide notification of the transfer.
- Medicaid UM will conduct a medical necessity review on day 5
In addition, Meridian has provided the additional newsletters:
- Monthly Provider Update for August 2021
- Michigan MEridian Service Area and Products Plans and Sample Cards
- Ambetter Prior Authorization Approval Request Processes effective 10/1.2021