LCN recently hosted a speaker event where the following topics were discussed:
Part 1: VA Contract with Optum
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has selected Optum as a third-party administrator for Regions Two of the VA Community Care Network (CCN). This will go live on January 20, 2020. UnitedHealthcare representatives will go over the new VA referral process as well as how claims are submitted for reimbursement. Information will also be provided to take back to offices for reference.
Part 2: Priority Health Claims - How to Improve your Claims Questions’ Response Time and Discussion of Changes to the Priority Health Provider Portal
Learn how to efficiently reach out to Priority Health based upon your type of question – what’s the best method to use.
- Viewing access of front-end rejected claims
- Third Party Liability and Coordination of Benefits drop-down options within the claims inquiry tool
- Additional options to choose from within the secure email “compose a message”
- New attachments feature within the Claims Inquiry Tool (estimated completion: end of January 2020)
- Project to streamline our appeals routing process (estimated completion: February 2020)
Speakers: Joel Bersche, Manager, Network Contracting, UHC
Darin Yates, Provider Relations Advocate, UHC
on the phone: Kim Dickens, Veteran Affairs Network Contractor Lead, UHC/Optum
Laura Hayes, Manager, Provider Reimbursement, Priority Health
Mary Gamble, Provider Reimbursement Analyst, Priority Health
Thank you to our speakers for a very informative presentation. Lakeland Care Network appreciates our partnership and your time.
Please see attachments on what was provided and discussed at this meeting.