Cigna's response to COVID-19
Please visit cignaforhcp.com > Cigna’s response to COVID0-19 for the latest information and interim billing guidelines
Cigna Coronavirus (COVID-19) Interim Billing Guidance for Providers for Commercial Customers
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread throughout the United States, we appreciate that providers across the country are on the front line to offer dedicated care to our customers and help protect local communities.
We also know it’s more important than ever for Cigna to be committed to our customers’ health and make it as easy as possible for you to focus on delivering safe, efficient, and quality care.
To honor this commitment, Cigna recently announced that we will:
- Waive customer cost-sharing for office visits related to COVID-19 screening and testing through May 31, 2020
- Waive customer cost-sharing for telehealth screenings for COVID-19 through May 31, 2020
- Make it easier for customers to be treated virtually for routine medical examinations by providers
- Provide free home delivery of up to 90-day supplies for Rx maintenance medications available through the Express Scripts Pharmacy and 24/7 access to pharmacists
- Make it easier for hospitals to transfer patients to long term acute care hospitals (LTACHs), skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), and acute rehabilitation facilities (AR) to help manage the demands of increasingly high volumes of COVID-19 patients
To further this commitment, we are providing this COVID-19 billing and reimbursement guidance to help ensure you can keep delivering the care you need to – in the office, at a facility, or virtually – all while getting properly reimbursed for the services you provide our customers.