Dear Medical Care Group and Physician Organization Business Administrator,
Attached are some documents we hope you’ll use to educate your practices about what they need to do to request access to our Health e-BlueSM tool through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network’s new provider portal, Availity Essentials.
- Health e-Blue access requests: Add payer assigned provider identifiers: This is a step-by-step guide with screenshots to help practices update the payer assigned provider identifier field. The correct PO and IH (MCG) numbers must be included for the access request to be approved.
- Payer assigned provider identifiers: This is a list of PO and IH (MCG) numbers you can use to look up the appropriate numbers for your organization. Please include your numbers when you forward the first attachment to your practices.
- Frequently asked questions from Health e-Blue provisioning webinar: This is a list of questions and answers from the June 14 webinar on requesting access to Health e-Blue.
Deadlines and processing time
Processing time for Health e-Blue access requests is currently two to three weeks. We know there is concern about losing access to this important tool even briefly. Thus, we have extended the last day for accessing Provider Secured Services, including web-DENIS. June 21, 2022, is not the last day to access this website, as originally announced. For more information, read this provider alert.
- Health e-BlueSM provisioning in Availity – View this recording if you were unable to attend our webinar about requesting access to Health e-Blue on Tuesday, June 14, or wish to review the information.
- Written instructions are available at: Availity® administrators: Set up Health e-BlueSM tools within Availity.
- Direct questions to HEBapplications@bcbsm.com or call 248-486-2308.
Thank you for helping your practices request access to Health e-Blue. We appreciate your partnership through our portal transition.