Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network are transitioning to Availity® Essentials for our provider portal. We’ll retire Provider Secured Services and web‑DENIS in June.
If your organization isn’t already registered with Availity, register now to ensure continued access to information for patients with Blue Cross and BCN plans and to the RBCE/MCG self-service tool for managing your practitioners’ alignments. This will give you an opportunity to get familiar with Availity before your practices start registering on April 18.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Select an Availity administrator for your organization.
- Have your Availity administrator:
- Register your organization in Availity. When prompted to select a taxonomy code, select any code. It doesn’t matter which one you choose.
- Add users and assign their roles.
At 1 p.m. on Tuesday, April 19, 2022, Blue Cross will host a webinar for administrators of medical care groups, risk-bearing contracting entities, physician organizations and organized systems of care. During the webinar, we’ll demonstrate the registration process and review training documentation. Here are the webinar details:
- Click this link to join the webinar: https://bcbsm.webex.com/join/e104884
- Webinar meeting number (access code): 475 053 866
- Join from a mobile device:
- Toll-free: 1-844-621-3956,,475053866##
- Join by phone:
- Toll-free: 1-844-621-3956
- Access code: 475 053 866
- Join by phone:
Global call-in numbers | Toll-free calling restrictions
Need help? Go to https://help.webex.com
- Availity’s Get Started with RBCE / MCG / PO / OSC Self Service Tools in the BCBS Michigan and Blue Care Network Payer Space document (attached) — Provides detailed instructions for registering your organization, setting up the organization to access the self-service tools, and adding and assigning self-service roles to users.
- Availity’s Register and Get Started with Availity Essentials webpage — Offers access to live and recorded training opportunities and job aids to assist you. After clicking the link, click Get Started, click What should I know before getting started? and see the Atypical Providers section.
- Our Welcome to Availity special edition newsletter — Includes articles about registration, training and important tasks your Availity administrator needs to complete to ensure continued access to the information you need.
Thank you for your prompt action.