Summary of the Incident:
- American Medical Collection Agency (AMCA), a collection agency, had a data security incident that impacted AMCA’s systems.
- Optum360®, a contractor of Quest Diagnostics, used AMCA as one of its collection agencies.
- AMCA also handled collections for a number of other clinical laboratories and healthcare providers, and the data security incident has impacted all of AMCA’s customers.
- With respect to Quest, only those Quest patients whose accounts were sent to AMCA for debt collection may have had information on AMCA’s affected system.
- Quest’s information technology systems and databases were not affected.
- Quest is working with AMCA and Optum360 to ensure that Quest patients are appropriately notified.
- We are committed to keeping our patients, health care providers, health plan customers, and all relevant parties informed as we learn more. For general information, individuals can call 866-MyQuest.
Please see the below attachment for a full explaination.